Tuesday, 13 June 2017

Your "local" Conservative Councillor

The recently elected Conservative councillor for South Blyth ward on Blyth Town Council has given his address on his register of interests form as New Hartley.

I know that there is no legal requirement for a councillor to live in the area of his town or parish council, or own property in the area, but it doesn't exactly back up the word "local" does it?

Note for people outside this area, New Hartley is a village about 5 miles away, covered at parish level by Seaton Valley Community Council

No comments: