Monday, 27 June 2016

Councillors' Ward Grants - Blyth Town Council

Blyth Town Council Community Grants Committee meets next week to decide on the allocations of grants to Community Organisations.

It is most likely that most, if not all, of the money set aside for Community Grants will be allocated.

However, each ward councillor has a total of £1000 to allocate to small schemes in their ward.

My fellow ward councillor , Cllr Lesley Rickerby has allocated her allowance to the Blyth Battery Volunteers, but as yet I haven't been approached by any organisation.

It is too late to put requests in ready for next week, but if any South Blyth organisation would like to be considered at the next meeting, later in the year, please contact me for a form.

To be honest I would prefer to spread the benefit over a few organisations, but I realise that £1000 doesn't go far.

No comments: