Wednesday, 13 May 2015

The General Election in Scotland ....

I was going to write a long article about the results in Scotland, but I think that only a short post is really needed.

The Scottish electorate voted all SNP and elected all but 3 of Scots MPs . But my very simple view is what did they get ...?

Nothing.

The SNP are not in coalition with Labour, as was predicted, and now their demands can be ignored, or at least watered down by the Conservative government. Despite the much larger number than the Lib Dems in the UK Parliament, ( and the other parties as well of course) they will have the same  frustrations caused by their minority status in the UK

As an aside, isn't it funny how everyone on Social Media seems to be advocating proportional representation, of various types.

The Lib Dems have been promoting that for more years than I can remember. I almost feel smug as I think .... "Told you so"

No comments: