Monday, 23 September 2013

Consultation about potential development on South Newsham Road

I have received details of a public consultation about a proposed development at North Farm, South Newsham Road.

I must stress this is not "North Farm, Blyth" as stated in the letter or leaflet, that is a totally different area.

The proposal is for 40 houses on the farm site. The public consultation is at Blyth Town Football Club on 1st October from 3pm until 8pm

I was invited to a private consultation, but have declined as I do not wish to be lobbied into a position where I have expressed an opinion ... I sit on the BTC Planning and Development Committee and will be part of the council's consideration of the eventual application.




Although there is no actual application lodged, I would not want any applicant to say "Councillor Gibbs-Barton said ...."

If any resident wishes to comment on this, and cannot get to the consultation, please contact my fellow ward councillor, and the County Councillor, Lesley Rickerby.

No comments: